Wednesday 20 October 2010

Conclusions

This 3D model project has been hard, difficult and a challenge. The time spent on working on the model just when so fast, one day I was working on my face the next day I was making the back of the head.

There was time where the model was no going right or that the tutorial videos we was following skipped parts out, but I overcome these problems by using my knowledge to get around these problems. My main problem was that I had to many strict reference lines then I would wanted and with more reference lines meant more polygons to play around with to make the head look like mine. Which will be something I look out for next time am making a 3D model.

Apart from a bit of problem I am happy with the final outcome of the model, because I spent a lot of time playing around with different tools, techniques and modifiers and pick up a lot of new techniques to be used in my next models. It was my fist time using the hair and far modifier but I like the outcome of the hair the way it blends in with the flat material hair and it looks like my hair when I have just dried it. I am most happy with the materials, in particular the texture of the skin and the likeness of the features to my own head.